BW Capital Partners manages a portfolio of private equity investments and looks to invest in growing, well-managed private businesses.
- BW Capital Partners invests in growth companies which are led by strong management teams. We look to partner with founders and management to facilitate growth through organic means as well as through thoughtful and diligent acquisition strategies. We generally source opportunities through our network of industry contacts and typically avoid shopped transactions. We have access to capital from our relationship with a $2 billion+ Chicago family office as well as from our investor network that has invested in deals with us over the years. Our investment outlook can be different than the traditional private equity firm model due to our family office model, where we can have a longer investment horizon. We focus our efforts on the following industries:
- Business and Financial Services
- Specialty Pharmaceutical
- Media Services
- Consumer Services
We will consider opportunities outside these industries where the management team is exceptional and growth prospects are robust.
We typically look to deploy $5 to $15 million in capital per transaction, whether initially or over time. However, we have the capability to fund significantly larger transactions where we feel we have a competitive advantage over other potential investors.
We have flexibility in time, structure and size of each investment. Historically we have invested capital into the following types of situations:
- Management led buyouts
- Growth equity investments/late stage venture capital
- Leveraged buyouts
- Majority and minority investment structures
Software Enabled Technology
- Spring Marketplace, Inc.. is a platform that allows merchants to actively manage an internal rewards program and offer other digital marketing programs to merchants through a credit-card based product suite. springmarketplace.com
- Pangea Universal Holdings, Inc. is an international money transfer platform The company’s platform reduces inefficiencies and costs to consumers and makes the process of transferring money easier. Visit the company’s website at www.gopangea.com
- e-Zassi, LLC operates an open innovation software platform that allows companies to source and filter large volumes of new inbound ideas in a “safe capture” environment to avoid intellectual property disputes. Visit the company’s website at www.e-zassi.com
- WellRight, LLC has developed a health and wellness software platform differentiated by rich, engaging content which focuses on creating “challenges” for participants. Visit the company’s website at www.wellright.com
- SpiderOak, Inc. has developed a “zero-knowledge” data storage platform that is highly secure and scalable. Visit the company’s website at www.spideroak.com
- Mindcrest operates as a pure-play legal process outsourcing company (LPO). With operations both onshore in the U.S. and offshore in India, Mindcrest is a trusted partner to law firms and in-house counsel in delivering a suite of legal process outsourcing services in the areas of litigation, corporate legal services and legal content and publishing. Visit the company’s website at www.mindcrest.com
- The HCI Group is a full-service organization that offers a complete range of healthcare IT services that are at the forefront of industry. Visit the company’s website at www.hcigroup.com
- Emerald Broadcast Partners owns and operates two sports-themed radio stations in Jacksonville, FL. Visit the company’s website at www.1010xl.com
- PlayNetwork is a leading global provider of creative and customized media solutions for retail, hospitality, health and fitness and other branded business environments. Visit the company’s website at www.playnetwork.com
- Lifespan Brands, LLC is an international manufacturing company that offers a wide range of products including: Lava® lamps, party products, novelty lighting and bathroom scales. Lifespan Brands creates innovative products, designed to enhance the daily lives of consumers in and around the home; making everyday life more enjoyable. Visit the company’s website at www.lifespanbrandsco.com